Monday, May 31, 2010

Captain's Log Earth date 31 May 2010

Murphy! You shameless porker! You mock me from beyond the grave!

Typical, Ive been wanting to reactivate the ADSL line in my home for a long time now and finally get my butt in gear enough to DO something about it. So I ask around about a nice [and by nice I mean decent AND affordable, im working on a budget here xD] ISP and found one offering a fast uncapped service for less then I payed for a 3GB cap at Telkom. Woohoo! :D So I sigh up, get the paperwork out of the way, go to the Telkom office, reactivate the line and tell them I wanted to use it for the InTeRwEbZ! A technician comes by the next day or so, tests the line, ok's it and says all's well. I dig out my old router, hook it up but for the life of me I cant get it working. Test everything, but nothing. Eventually a lightbulb goes on in my head. WAS the line actually converted? So I call up and ask them to test it, they tell me I should go in to one of the branches in town. Im thinking WTF.... but off we go. So I get there explain the situation and the operator smiles and with genuine feeling tells me. "Im sorry sir, we dont know WHEN you're line will be made active. You see, because of this nation-wide strike there is no one at head office to press the button."

I cant help but think its funny somehow /:3

No comments:

Post a Comment